Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Who Knew??

Well I did of course... :) I always knew that my biological father had another child, a daughter to be exact but other than that I didn't know anything. Well something strange happened to me last Monday, I was at work doing what I do best...work of course. And one of the ladies there brought me this letter and she said this is sort of strange and this is what it read.....
" I am trying to determine if it's possible that you are the daughter of Jill Swagler and the Later Robert Swagler...also that you have a brother Jeremy Swagler....If in fact you are I would like to contact you..... There have been a lot of things happening......" I was almost devastated, I thought someone had died. This letter was from my biological father's mother. She hasn't even tried to contact me in over 15 years. Now out of the blue I get a letter at work??? It was really strange so I called my mom and she had no idea why she was trying to get ahold of me now either. So I called her and she gave me some news on what was going on, how things were that sort of thing. Then she surprised me with the fact that she had found my sister and had been talking to her for quit some time....
Turns out it gets ironic....She is 19 and pregnant with a baby boy. This little baby boy is actually due on Sept. 14, which is my birthday. Also she is going to school for Criminology which is what I minored in. She lives in Alabama and is going to get married next year. I have corresponded back and forth with her a few times since I have gotten her info. It is so strange to know that someone is out there and then finally talk with them.
Another thing I am going through is the fact that my father's mother now wants to get together with me and talk or catch up so to speak, and the truth is I am not sure I really want to. I feel like where the hell has she been my entire life so far??? I mean she said that she wanted to wait until we all were adults before entering our lives so it would be our decision if we wanted anything to do with her....but hello I have been an adult for almost 7 years now. And what grandmother stays away for 24 years and then wants something to do with her family? She said to me on the phone "you know I love you right?" I wanted to say actually no I don't I haven't talked to you in 15 years I don't even know you.

Some other news in my life and I will blog more about this later is that on Sunday I got back from West Vir. I went white water rafting with my friend Rachel V. and it was an awesome time. We are actually thinking about going back again in the fall when the damn is open and the water is more rough, and we are thinking about doing the Gaully which is much tougher. I will post pictures on my myspace page once I get them developed. In case you haven't visited that yet it is www.myspace.com/justiene_ohio Let me know what you think.
And as always thanks for reading!

6 Comments:

Blogger delilah said...

I had read about your sister on your myspace and I can't believe I keep forgetting to ask you about it. I say go easy on Grams. She may have had her reasons for staying away. She obviously wants to change and get to know you. Get to know her while you have the chance.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posted...finally. I check every day. Grandmothers aren't perfect, just antique little girls!! Give her a chance, maybe you can at least become friends. Good luck with all the changes in your life, and don't forget your "faithful" followers, keep us updated.

Aunt D.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Justiene said...

I really do appreciate the two of you... And adore your comments on here. I have just had a busy couple of weeks but will be posting more... and more often as well. thanks for reading.

8:03 PM  
Blogger ~Jacki said...

This is off the subject...but I remember hearing about a "singles vacation" thing you were going on, or thinking about. I can'trememer if it was a cruise or what....Any news on it? I think it would be a blast...if you want someone to go with you..give me a call!!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand your trepidation about your long lost Gma. I wonder what you have decided since posting this.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my "Angel" and I love you with my whole heart! Momma

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home