Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Relay for Life

I wasn't sure at the time I said what I was getting myself into. Delilah asked me if I wanted to go to this thing for relay for life, the only thing I knew about it was that there was bingo and a silent auction. When we got there, there were tons of people and they just kept coming. The tables were so close together which wasn't so bad for me but I am not pregnant...but Delilah is and I felt so bad seeing her try to squeeze through those little spaces. There were about 200 baskets that were being auctioned off, and then there was bingo, a chinese auction, and then even a live auction. It was crazy we were there until after 10pm! I guess they raised tons of money though.
It was also a great time because I got to hang out with people I haven't seen in awhile. I got to see Becca, Rixey, Delilah, Liz, Jackie, and Hanz. I have different groups of friends and I don't get to hang out with this group very often. I bid on this awesome basket that Delilah made in her pottery class, it looks like a basket, weaved and all it is really heavy too. It had bread mix, some all natural peanut butter, and jelly and a really nice bread knife. I am going to even convice her to make me another one because I like it so much. I have also been seriously contemplating going to the class myself. I haven't made anything from clay since high school but I love doing things with my hands and loved doing that back then, so it could be good. I meen then I could finally maybe start selling some of my stuff and if all else fails, then I could just continue to give away my stuff which isn't so bad either.

2 Comments:

Blogger delilah said...

Man...it was crowded. And it was mostly women...like a Desperate Housewife convention! Ha ha ha ha. It is funny, last night at pottery class I was thinking about making you something different but I don't know what you need or want? Any requests??? It was so nice of you to buy my first "official" piece of artwork that was "for sale/auction"!

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you had fun this night. That basket sounds awesome. I love reading your blog. It somehow makes me feel closer to you.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home