Friday, April 20, 2007

Rachel...

I am so worried about my friend Rachel. She is or hopefully was in this relationship with this older guy. First off he has two girls that he doesn't have custody of and he doesn't see them that often, second he lost his drivers license from a D.U.I and he works at a bar, Third (and I just found this out) that he has a previous felony for domestic violence. Needless to say he isn't good for her. She deserves so much better, and I am trying to convice her that she can do much better than him. I mean check this out he texted me about 2 months ago because he memorized my phone number when I told it to Rachel. Then he sends me an email with his cell # asking me to give him a call sometime. And just recently they got into this huge fight where he started shaking her, yanking on her arm and yes even hit her in the face. Then after all that he had the nerve to call the police on her and tell them that she was hitting him and out of control. I just hope that she can get away like I did. Her situation does seem a little worse off than mine but not by far. I am trying to be to her what Delilah was to me. She was an inspiration and eye opener and never gave up on me no matter how many times I kept running back to Ted. She just kept reassuring me that I deserved better and that the situation there wasn't a good one. One of the reasons I eventually started listening to her was because she had gone through a similar situation I did, and she knew exactly what I was going through and didn't have to say "I know what your going through" with a puzzled look on her face. I am trying to be there for Rachel and hopes that when she has no one else to turn to that I will be there for her the way Delilah was for me. (thanks Delilah by the way, what you did for me and continue to do for me is so great that I don't think I show my appreciation enough)
And I did tell her to document anything that he does to her so if she has to file a restraining order it will be much easier, and I also told her she needed to press charges on him for putting his hands on her. I just hope she listens soon before it is too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home