Thursday, January 19, 2006

Interview

So in case anyone is wondering, I had an interview at Stark County this past Tuesday and I think it went pretty well. Except for the mishap on my application where I accidently admitted to a felony that I didn't even commit. But all was cleared up in the interview. I took a test about a month before the interview and apparently I scored 5th place out of 25 people so that isn't that bad. They told me they had only 2 postions open and that if they liked me and wanted me to go on that they would schedule me for a lie detector test soon. So now more waiting and wondering. I also applied at a few other places, one of which I am hoping to get a positon at as well. You see I have always had a knack for working with children. (adopting 3 of my boyfriend or ex boyfriend) just isn't enough for me I guess. Well I didn't really adopt them but 2 of them live with us and the other one calls me her mom when she is with me. Getting back to what I was saying was that I applied at Safe Landing as well. They seem to pay pretty well, this is in my field and I think I will really love working with the kids there, another great point is that it is just minutes from my house. So for those of you who read my blog regularly no car problems will hold me back from this job...LOL...:)
Other than that nothing really new, except I spent all day on Tuesday and Wednesday out of the house. On tuesday I went to a friend's house to watch her two wonderful children. They were both so well behaved and fun to hang out with. It was definetly a stress free night, plus I got to hang out with my friend for a couple of hours after she got off work it was nice. And on Wednesday I went to Salem again to go out to lunch with two of my Aunts, my Mom, and Grandma. She is doing even better yet, she walked around even more and she is not tired all the time I am so greatful she is feeling better and that we can get together like that. I am seeing hope.
Funny thing as well see as you have read I am not doing good with the person I am currently residing with and now to update you folks we don't even tell each other we love each other anymore. We are both just kinda here. So my friend gave me a time line of 240 loads of laundry until I will get out on my own. It sounds kinda strange but since I am hoping a few months to be a good timeline to get out on my own and save enough money to do so, she figured this would be a good way to keep track...
More words to live by... (Lyrics)
This is for all you girls about twenty-five
In a little apartment, just trying to get by
Living on, on dreams and spaghetti-o's
Wondering where you life is gonna go
This one's for the girls
Who've ever had a broken heart
Who've wished upon a shooting star
You're beautiful the way you are
This one's for the girls
Who love without holding back
Who dream with everything they have
All around the world
This one's for the girls
I want to think that I am a dreamer which defined means...one that dreams, a visionary, an idealist, also known as a habitually impractical person. Someone who escapes into a world of fantasy or someone who is guided more by ideals than practical considerations.
What do you think I am???? besides crazy

4 Comments:

Blogger delilah said...

I should have only given you one box of laundry detergent. 120 loads should be plenty.

Also, I will talk to you privately about the kid situation. I think it is VERY serious. I do want to talk to her but I have a bunch to say to you as well.

4:03 AM  
Blogger Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Yeah I would follow Delilah's advice,well really right down to get the hell out of there well within 240 loads.again, this is my reaction from just reading your post wihtout having time to think about it. but seriously get the hell out of there.

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also think you should get out of the situation ASAP. Even if it means staying with a friend or family for a few months. You need to detach from this!

As for the situation with the kids, it is just a tragedy waiting to happen. There is definelty cause to involve CSB or even the police. I would talk to Delilah more in depth. She has more experience in how to handle it.

And as frustrating as it may be you have to realize that even if you do everything you can it may not get fixed. And you are not personally respopnsible! Sometimes loving those kids and giving them a good example is the only thing we can do.
Stephanie

5:48 AM  
Blogger amyd76 said...

ditto...get out. I personally think you should do a load or two of JUST your laundry...just for the next week...you know, clean undies and such...then stay with a friend or something. ASAP. It sounds like you have too much going for you and sometimes, not to be selfish or anything, you need to look out for yourself. I understand that those kids are very important to you...trust me...I had a step-daughter who I haven't talked to for over a year now...not because I don't want to and don't miss her...I do, but it has been for the safety and well-being of myself and my own daughter.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home