Thursday, December 22, 2005

Dear Justiene,

Setting scene: At Ohio State, me and my friend Amanda were walking around trying to find kegger parties to attend. At this time I had no fear of anything, I just walked up to these guys that were walking down the street and started talking to them, one of which I clicked very well with. We ended up not going to a party after all, instead we walked around campus and I showed and told him all I knew about that place. He was from Cleveland and still in high school (senior) then I showed him my favorite place to go when I just wanted to be alone or think..the little kids park with swings in it. I love to swing, something about that weightless feeling and just not having any worries in the world.

She's the kind of girl I would sing about if I was in a band, but I can't sing. If I was good with a brush, I would paint a picture of her, I would try to capture her carefree smile as she soars on the lonely swing. If she would let me take a picture of her, I would try to catch her as she held the door for a stranger. If I could draw with a pencil, I would sketch her standing , with her haid wet from a shower as she looks into a mirrror and makes designs in her hair. If I didn't always hit my thumb instead of the nail, I would build her the tree house she always wanted...but never had. But, if her car blew a head gasket, I could fix it. If she needed her computer fixed, I could probablly do it. If she wanted a loud stereo in her car, I could do that too. If she wanted to lean on my shoulder, I think I could do that. If she wanted to get lost on a road trip to nowhere, I think I could probablly manage to do that too.
If I wanted to learn about anything else, I could ask her. If I wanted to tell her something I could and she would understand with a smile. If I needed someone to watch over me, she would care. She's nice like that and so much more.
J.D
(I know what you are thinking Delilah, but I don't know how to contact him anymore, and I was stupid and didn't see him for who he was when I knew him)

2 Comments:

Blogger delilah said...

This is the kind of letter that every girl wants a guy to write to her. It brought tears to my eyes. You probably won't ever find that particular guy but I do believe another one like him is out there for you. I know you love Ted but honestly, sometimes love just isn't enough in relationships. You need respect and honestly. I don't think he is capable of those things. And the jealousy is too much. Remember...we have a couch if you need it.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Justiene said...

I know that, and I also know that I need other things in my life besides Ted. I have come to realize that I need friends, I need to be alone sometimes, I need privacy and I can't get any of that with him around, I have also lost touch with my family because of him and that is almost killing me because I am such a big family person, which is probablly why I make up for it by raising his family (3 kids). I just want to be happy and right now I am not.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home