Friday, January 13, 2006

The Call

The Call... I was very nervous and why I am not so sure. I have been wanting to make this call for a very long time. I am not really even sure why I didn't. So yesterday was the day. I picked up the phone and dialed his number then things started to race through my head.... what should I say, how should I act. Then voicemail... I left a message asking him to return my phone call if he could. Then the number I left for him to call got shut off, my cell phone. In case you dont know yet this person is 'the other guy', we'll call him 'J'. Now I wont know if he tried to call me back or not. bummer. I finally get up enough nerve to call him and look what happens.
What should I do???
Someone post some comments giving me advice, should I call him back, not call him anymore?
Updates:
Ted and I are pretty much not even talking, we dont even barely look at each other, let alone touch. But it is peaceful and calm.
The kids are doing well, except I am not sure about Kaylin (she is the oldest and doesn't live with us) we can't call her all week because her mom doesn't have a phone and Kaylin has to stay with her mom's boyfriend while she is at work. She got to come over last week for about 5 mins so we could wish her a happy birthday. she didn't even come into the living room, or give her dad a hug or anything. I am so worried about her, I really always have been because of how much she has been through at such a young age. (quick version, her mom had her when she was 15 and didn't take so good care of her, she has failed Kindergarden, First, Second and Third grade and is currently failing fourth grade, she was 'passed' for the first 3 grades after repeating Kindergarden and still failing....she had bowed legs which her mother took care of and for that reason she had to go through a big surgery at age 8 and was in a wheel chair all summer, and so many people don't accept her as Ted's child because she is not biologically his 'mostly his family') So as you all can see this is why I am worried.
Let me tell you about what happened on christmas.
Christmas day we didn't get the kids until 2:30pm and we went straight over to my mom's house for dinner and to open their presents from grandma and grandpa (my mom and dad and brother) they did that and note*they were all bought for equally and treated all the same. Then off to Ted's mother's house and there it was not so nice, Brenda (ted's mom) bought more for Megan and less for T.J and almost just pitty gifts for Kaylin. For example her big gift was a big bag full of makeup (which I wasn't happy she 10yrs old was getting) and when she opened it up it was used... yes USED. There were pieces that were rubbed down and lipstick on the bottle lids, and pieces missing, when I brought this to her attention as nice as I could she proceeded to yell "this makeup isn't used", I said "yes it is, and if you kept the reciept we could return it no big deal" she then grabbed the makeup kit out of Kaylin's hands (very mean like) and took it into the dinning room, where she and Ted examined it, and took out all the 'used' pieces and handed it back to Kaylin. Oh My Gosh right... So needless to say we left and went to Ted's grandma's house...the kids' great grandma
Up there we were just there to visit, because she is very old and we didnt' expect anything, well guess who we should see there, but Brenda and she insisted that the kids look under the tree that there was something there for them from great grandma.... so they did and they could only find something for Megan, so Megan just put the present back under the tree and walked away she said it wasn't fair that they would only buy for her and then she wanted to leave, so the Brenda asked what was wrong and she told her, so then Brenda proceeded to make a fool out of herself and embarras Kaylin by taking the kids by the hand and taking them back to the tree only to find presents for Megan and T.J. NOTHING for Kaylin. So I told T.J to put it back and Megan already did for the second time and we were then leaving. T.J was a little sad because he doesn't quite understand yet being only 5. Brenda immediately noticed this and asked him what was wrong, he said Justiene wont let me open my gift, but he wasn't even really that sad. She said why, that is when the great grandma overheard what was going on and asked me "what are you too good for the things, are you to good for us here?" I was about to blow my top when Ted grabbed Kaylin and hugged her saying "LOOK THIS IS MY OLDEST DAUGHTER AND IF YOU CAN'T EXCEPT HER WE ARE LEAVING" And we did.
Sorry for going on but it just isn't the same without telling the whole thing. For some of my readers these are the West Virg. people. (surprised?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a caring person, I only wish every "step mother" (in fact, every mother) cared for their children as you do.
By the way, good luck with your weight loss....last year at this time, I was your size, except I'm 5'3", and weighed 154. I now weigh 138/140! Hurray for me!! I've kept it off, however, I do need to start watching my eating habits again, because this morning it was 140 (ouch).

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog, so I am not sure who J is and what not, but speaking from past experience, jumping from one relationship to another has never worked. Even if he is awesome or "the one" you need time to heal and recover from the bad realtionship.
Just my opinion! By the way I am Stephanie, Delilah's sister in-law, Applehead's wife.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

really... just listen and do everything that my wife says. I do.I have learned early.
Seriously do what she says.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home